Thursday, November 15, 2012

Shawn vs Charlie Brown


Shawn Knight answers questions about himself and Charlie Brown

What attributes or traits do you share with your character?
Charlie Brown is often very unsure of himself, and sometimes the harder he tries, the more foolish he looks. That's me all over!

Do you have a special connection with your character?
I have played Charlie Brown before and discovered how much Charlie Brown means to people. He's a sweet guy who only wants to make others happy and like him. I think everyone can relate to that.

What is the most exciting part about bringing this character to life on stage?
No matter how many times I read the PEANUTS comic strip, I always get a little jewel of wisdom from them about how to live life fully. The greatest thing about this show is that it is not limited to a mere few frames, like a comic strip is. It has so much to say about finding happiness in all the little things of life!

What work have you done/will you do to prepare to play this character?
I certainly intend to watch lots of Charlie Brown cartoon specials and relive those special moments from my childhood.

Charlie Brown always wants to fly a kite, but can never seem to keep it in the air. Is there something you've always wanted to do, but have never been able to?
I'm not a very athletic guy, but I am competitive and love playing games with others. I wish I had skills that would allow me to be a successful athlete in some way.

Make plans to join us for this show! Schedule of weekend shows, and Behind the Curtains can be found online our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment