Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Martha vs Sally


Martha Wilkinson answers questions about herself and Sally

What attributes or traits do you share with your character?
We both ask "Why?" a lot... and we are both VERY straight forward--sometimes to a fault. Though I don't consider myself a "philosopher", I do like to search for reasons for certain things and don't always go on trust and faith. And we both get panicky about little things sometimes!

What attributes or traits of your character do you not share?
I don't share Sally's apathy or ease for problem solving...I'm kind a chronic "fixer". Also, Sally never thinks it’s her fault and I always think its mine.

Do you have a special connection with your character?
Yes. I like her frankness and admire how she can often see the bright side of things. I LOVE her romanticism about Linus.

What is the most exciting part about bringing this character to life on stage?
Getting to be a KID! I love the freedom that comes with that! And I'm excited to sing her song "MNew Philosophy"!

What work have you done to prepare to play this character?
Watch little kids play together and talk, and though I will not try to copy the Peanuts characters per se, I will try to emulate aspects of her that are familiar to Schulz's comic character that we all know and love. I'll probably watch The Great Pumpkin as I do every year.

Sally has a new philosophy every other minute. What is your most recent philosophy?
Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer helps you grow, serves you, or makes you happy.


Come join the Peanuts fun at NCT!

View the performance schedule and some Behind the Curtain videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment