Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bobby vs Linus


Bobby Wyckoff compares himself to Linus

What attributes or traits do you share with your character? What attributes or traits of your character do you not share? 
Linus is a loyal, encouraging, helpful friend to Charlie Brown (and, I think, loves his sister, Lucy). I try my hardest to be that kind of friend and relative. Linus looks past other people’s flaws: Charlie Brown’s ineptitude, Lucy’s aggressiveness. We ALL struggle with that. And we still love people because of who they are and, sometimes, despite how they behave.

Do you have a special connection with your character?
I have a special connection with ALL these characters. The Charlie Brown television holiday specials were always a favorite growing up! (And back then you could only watch them when they aired, around the time of the appropriate holiday: Christmas, Halloween, etc.)

What is the most exciting part about bringing this character to life on stage? 
As always, the most exciting part about doing a character at NCT is two-fold: working with the incredible creative staff/actors and then experiencing the audience reaction. It’s truly my favorite place to work.

What work have you done/will you do to prepare to play this character? 
Going into rehearsals, I’m only slightly familiar with the script and musical score, but I’m afraid I might have to dance. If so, that will take A LOT of work. I look silly when I try to dance!

Linus has his blanket that he is very attached to. Do you have an object that you are quite attached to or has special meaning for you? 
I have many objects I enjoy. I even have several collections: bottles of sand from far-away beaches I’ve walked on, salt and pepper shakers I inherited from my grandmother, and many, many more. I treasure them, but I could let them go. I nearly lost them all in the flood a few years back. I think your real “security blanket” are those people (and pets) you hold close. 

You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown will run at NCT until Sunday, Dec 23. Check out the schedule and view some fun Behind the Curtain videos about the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment