Friday, January 31, 2014

Internships Available!

Recently, NCT posted information about its 2014 Summer Internship opportunities on the website, nashvillechildrenstheatre.org. Internship with NCT offers college students the opportunity to learn and work in the theatre, which can prove valuable on a resume. 

We thought we'd check in on a former intern for her perspective. Here's what she had to say:



"When I was a Dragonkeeper my senior year of high school, I dreamed that maybe one day I would be lucky enough to intern at Nashville Children's Theatre. Actually working as a college intern at NCT was a total dream come true and it was an experience that I will definitely never forget.

The theme of last summer’s camp was “Unlock Imagination”. Every day during my internship, I witnessed the confidence, skills, and imagination of children growing and developing right before my very eyes. What I didn’t expect was that my imagination would also be unlocked! Like the campers in class, I gained confidence that keeps me strong to this day.  
This amazing opportunity provided a chance to work with talented teaching artists and a wonderful group of fellow interns who share my passion for the arts, as well as the most incredible education staff ever! Our group of interns felt like a family by the end of the summer and we still keep in touch.
I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity and all that I learned through this internship. I will always look back on my time as an intern at NCT and know that it was one of the best summers of my life and such a worthwhile way to spend my time. I can never thank NCT enough for everything they have done for me and the impact they’ve had on my life and the lives of everyone who steps through their doors."
- Ginger Levinson, Summer 2013 College Intern

Ginger graduated from MTSU in 2013 with a Bachelor’s in Sociology and Psychology. She’s currently finishing a Communications/PR internship at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center and will return to her blogging duties at The Pink Bride this month. Ginger continues to volunteer at NCT – she is a great asset to our community and we are lucky to have her!

Visit our website for more information on our internship opportunities.


No comments:

Post a Comment